martes, 13 de mayo de 2008

..

The mountain is silent

My cave is wrapped around me tight

And my cloak whispers weight, whispers decay

The silence of my flight releases the trees

As I plunge into the smell of spirituality

Is there anything at all?

Will it be revealed to me?

Down the path of the cave I grow bigger, taller

I grow weaker, uglier

And the light becomes only a reflection

A reflection my retina cannot sense

A reflection of my fields, and my cities,

Of trees and of paradise,

The warrior and his pagan mother

They wait for me, they have no eyes, they do not see

Yet there is a shiver under my crown,

An unexpected blow brings me down

The gravel comes into my mouth, I can taste its metals

I can taste my teeth and my blood, as I begin to spit

Spitting at my eyes, spitting at my hands,

The hands of a child, the hands of a little child

I abandoned my child

I abandoned my child

I fight under the sun, naked

I fight under the sky, the earth, and the deepest ring of fire

There is nothing but myself

I am alone, floating, torn to pieces, torn to words and opinions

I see myself as I want to be

Kill him they say, there is no room for cowards in this hall of fools

There is no room for interpreters and reactionaries

There is no room for the tired, no room for tragedy

There is only room for sinister vultures, ice and stone

Earth and leaves

Follow your path, but leave your cloak behind

You do not need it where you are going

Bring me back your Valkyrie

Let her wake you with her soft blade and her echoing song

And you will know you are a man

And you shall know that you stand in water, but you caress it

You shall know that you are water, and you will dry up under the sun

0 comentarios:

Publicar un comentario

Suscribirse a Enviar comentarios [Atom]

<< Inicio